Central Mass Revs Hockey Youth Disciplinary Policy
The Central Mass Revs Hockey ("Revs") program is committed to promoting a safe and positive environment for all participants, including players, coaches, parents, and volunteers. To ensure compliance with the highest standards of conduct, this Discipline Policy ("Policy") has been developed to provide guidance on the procedures for disciplinary review and action in response to violations of USA Hockey's Codes of Conduct as outlined in the most current USA Hockey Rule Book as well as the guidelines outlined by Safe Sport.
The purpose of this Policy is to establish a clear and fair process for addressing violations of USA Hockey's Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport within the Revs program. It aims to uphold the principles of due process and accountability while fostering an atmosphere of respect, sportsmanship, and integrity.
This Policy applies to all members of the Revs program, including but not limited to players, coaches, parents, and volunteers. Violations of USA Hockey's Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport will be subject to disciplinary review as outlined herein.
Disciplinary Review Process:
- Reporting Violations: Any member of the Revs program who becomes aware of a violation of USA Hockey's Codes of Conduct and Safe Sport is encouraged to report the incident to the Central Mass Revs Hockey Board of Directors ("Board").
- Initial Review: Upon receiving a report of a potential violation, the Board will conduct an initial review to determine whether there is sufficient evidence to proceed with a disciplinary investigation.
- Investigation: If the Board determines that a formal investigation is warranted, it will appoint an impartial committee or designate a responsible party to conduct a thorough investigation. This investigation may include interviews with involved parties and the collection of relevant evidence.
- Notification: The individual accused of the violation will be notified in writing of the allegations against them and provided with an opportunity to respond to the allegations within a reasonable timeframe.
- Disciplinary Decision: Following the investigation and the accused party's response, the Board will convene to make a disciplinary decision. The decision may include one or more of the following actions:
- Verbal or written warning.
- Probationary period.
- Suspension from participation in Revs activities.
- Termination of membership.
- Appeals: Any individual subject to disciplinary action has the right to appeal the decision to the Board within a specified timeframe, as outlined in the Central Mass Revs Hockey By-laws.
All aspects of the disciplinary process, including reports, investigations, and disciplinary decisions, will be handled with the utmost confidentiality to protect the privacy and reputation of all parties involved.
The Central Mass Revs Hockey Youth Disciplinary Policy is designed to ensure that disciplinary matters are handled fairly, consistently, and in accordance with the principles of due process. By adhering to this Policy, the Central Mass Revs Hockey program aims to maintain a safe and respectful environment that fosters the development of young athletes and upholds the standards set forth by USA Hockey and Safe Sport.
This Policy is subject to review and modification by the Central Mass Revs Hockey Board of Directors as needed to align with the evolving needs of the organization and any changes in USA Hockey's and Safe Sport's rules and regulations.
Date of Adoption: October 11, 2023
Central Mass Revs Hockey Board of Directors (email@example.com) OR